Becoming a Member
WIP typically holds two meetings per month:
- Screening meetings – The screening meetings are initial presentations made by the presenting company to co-managers, members and invited guests that attend. After the screening meeting, a determination is made as to whether the company will be invited to present at a General meeting. Screening meetings are generally held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.
- General meetings – The general meetings are presentations from companies who have been screened and are ready for a presentation to the general membership. There are six scheduled meetings each year, generally held on the 2nd Wednesday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September and November). Additional meetings may be organized as investment opportunities arise.
One week prior to the meetings, members are sent an email advising of the agenda and location of the meetings.
- Access to quality investment opportunities
- Opportunity to coinvest with other qualified angel investors and enhance the deal process
- Benefit from expertise of fellow members in evaluating the investment opportunities
- Educational – learn the latest trends and technologies and learn from experienced angel investors
- Discount on registration fees to Wisconsin Angel Network sponsored events
Angel Capital Association’s FAQ
Our experience is that members most interested in angel investing are sophisticated investors and familiar with the risks of early stage company equity investing. Most are interested in building a portfolio of such investments. Consequently, WIP recommends that members have a general idea of how much they wish to invest in their total angel portfolio, and use a discipline of allocating the total to an array of companies versus over-weighting in a specific company or sector.
Download the ACA Fact Sheet about Angel Investing.